• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Faint Border upon Export

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I export a shape or vector with a transparent background (as a PNG)—I get a strange faint border around the image after export. If I place the image back into illustrator, the border shows, and when I zoom in, it disappears. 

(In the image, I have placed the exported IMG on top of the pre-image to show that border)

Are there any solutions to this issue?Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 3.18.49 PM.png

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try if selecting Art Optimized for Anti-aliasing in the PNG Options helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That still didn't work, but it did make the faint outline black—and that's still not what I'm looking for. (The image is what it does with the "Art Optimized.") I am saving it as 300PPI with a transparent background. I've explored many posts, possibly regarding this issue, but I haven't found a solution yet. Are there any other solutions? 

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 5.59.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share an Illustrator example, so we can have a look at it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you suggesting that I share the file with you? I have the .ai file, but I'm unsure of how to upload/send it to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes it is got to do with the system as well...

Can you please share the file .ai to see if it happens on other system as well....

priyasumit786@gmail.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, if you could share the .ai file (or the problematic part of it) using CC files sharing, Dropbox, WeTransfer, Google...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I ask for your email, so I can send the file over to you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot detect something special with your file, but I can see the faint line in GPU Preview.

GPU preview is fast, but does not give you the best quality.

When switching from GPU to CPU Preview the faint lines disappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion—but when I export as a PNG, I'm still seeing a faint line around my shape. I even turned off GPU completely in the performance settings, and I'm still finding the faint line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As as I can see it is a display problem in Illustrator.

Zooming let it disappear and with Cmd E (switching to CPU Preview) it also disappears on my machine.

I checked the png in Photoshop with a background layer of the same color and no lines were visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I brought up this topic because while I was exporting these PNGs from Illustrator into a 3d platform, implementing these PNGs as UI, I saw the strange borders. And this is on a platform other than Illustrator, leading me to believe that it isn't just an Illustrator display problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Were you able to fix this? I had the same problem at work today when saving a png, couldn't fix it.

exemplo.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines