• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request: Cap Height setting in inches/measurement

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be really nice to allow the Cap Height and X Height to show in inches, independently from the Em Box units. I know this can be changed gloabally in preferences, but in my line of work, I need use pts for Em Box and inches for Cap Height, and I use them both in the same file for different purposes.  I also know that I can just type in 3" in the box and it will set correctly, even though it shows in pts. However, memorizing the pt conversion for every height increment is ridiculous, as is having to change the settings globally each time. Every time I have to check or adjust the physical height of a letter I draw a box around the letter and check my transform palette for the height. It would be helpful to just look in the type box and see the letter height set at 6.75" or whatever height it is without various workarounds. 

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines