• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request: Customize workspace

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like a small feature request. I would love if we could customize our workspace with rulers bar shown on top. everytime we open our customized workspace. I have to click in window and then go to rulers to show it. Instead it should directly be saved in customized workspace. So people do not have to click everytime in window and then rulers to access it. This is the only small feature request i wanted. Hope so it could be provided in next update.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

The Preferences option "Show/Hide Rulers" when checked will show rulers for all documents once the rulers are on and hide the rulers when rulers are off.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nawaaz,

Thanks for reaching out & sharing your feedback. I'll pass it on to the product team. I'd also request you to share your suggestion on Adobe Illustrator UserVoice(https://illustrator.uservoice.com/).

Product team might consider it in upcoming releases. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. In the meantime, you can use the shortcut Cmd/Ctrl + R.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good morning, 

I Know This shortcut. But it is much easier with saved workspace if ruler is added while saving workspace. Hope this is a small update to be added. This small update does not consume much time for developer to add this feature. I would really love if it is added.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you show rulers in the document profile you wish to use, then save over the file at:

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 25 Settings\en_GB\x64\New Document Profiles

Rulers will be on every time you create a new document from that profile. Repeat for all profiles if you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the Preferences option "Show/Hide Rulers" may interfere with the setting in the profile when it is turned on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i should make my customised workspace with rulers and save it to the folder as mentioned earlier. Is that correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Preferences option "Show/Hide Rulers" when checked will show rulers for all documents once the rulers are on and hide the rulers when rulers are off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Go with Ton's option. Sounds more robust.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines