• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature request - More text box options

Explorer ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I highly appraise adding the much needed Vertical Text Alignment feature from indesign to Illustrator. While they are at it I would like to request more text frame features to be migrated over from indesign. Like Inset Spacing, Auto Fit and Collumns. Thank you very much! 

TOPICS
Feature request , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

You can add feature requests here, or search for existing ones to piggyback onto:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can add feature requests here, or search for existing ones to piggyback onto:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, once you make the request, please post the link here so that people with similar needs can upvote it. The larger the vote count, the better are the chances of catching the Engineering Manager's eyes.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See link below. Thanks for the tip!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a reason other than familiarity that you would want to use advanced type features in Illustrator which is primarily designed as a drawing program? InDesign has the more advanced type features because it was created for doing advanced professional layouts while seamlessly integrating Illustrator artwork into them. The synthesis of the two programs will in the long run produce a better end result than either program on its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know why you assume that familiarity is the reason I want more advanced type features in illustrator. How I explained the value to me on uservoice is as followed. 

"Why? Due to Illustrator having more flexible and abundant creativity oriented vector design features I often pick Illustrator over Indesign to create single page designs like flyers or posters. Having more control over type would speed up the design workflow significantly. Lack of Type control is the only thing that causes some real frustration when designing in Illustrator."

It basically has to do with workflow speed. Switching between programs is not beneficial even though I am very familiar with both Illustrator and Indesign. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines