Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature request: open multipage PDF: synchronize the page selection fields

Explorer ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In older Illustrator versions, opening a PDF file was straightforward:

1. select a PDF file. The 'PDF import options' dialog opens.
  2. In the dialog, use the Previous/Next page buttons or the page number field to go to the page you want.
  3. Click OK. The selected page opens.

In Illustrator 2020, this has changed, and it's tripping me up, and probably everybody who used to use older Illustrator versions.

1. select a PDF file. The 'PDF import options' dialog opens.
  2. In the dialog, use the Previous/Next page buttons or the page number field to go to the page you want.
  3. Click OK. Page 1 opens instead of the page you intended. You should have entered the page number in the Range field; the Previous/Next page buttons and the page number field no longer influence which page you open.

This is broken: behavior that worked in CS5 now produces different results.  After several months of using Illustrator 2020 I still make this mistake every time I open a PDF.

I understand that the interface had to change to accommodate the new feature where you can open multiple pages of a PDF. It's easy enough to fix this: synchronize the Range field with the Previous/Next page buttons and the page number field. This will restore behavior we've used for years, allowing us to keep using the muscle memory we have, while still enabling the new function.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please post bugs & feature requests to http://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines