• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feedback for Illustrator UI (Background Save pop-up is grammatically incorrect)

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated to Illustrator 2020 and was quite amused at this grammatical error. Didn't anyone proof this? Illustrator 2020 Grammatical Errors.jpg

Did I win a contest for who could report this first?

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for reaching out. This pop-up appears when the background save is in process. Background Save is a new feature available in version 2020. Please refer to this document on new features in Illustrator version 2020:

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new/2020.html#background_save

If you have any feedback you can raise the request and share your comments here https://illustrator.uservoice.com/ .

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases. 

Let us know if this helps or if you need any further help.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rishabh. You're kidding, right? The humor continues? I don't need a help link about what the dialog box is for. However, I will post the feedback to the comment link you suggested. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HOW DO YOU TURN IT OFF 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You want to turn off background saving?

Preferences  > File Handling & Clipboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks just wanted the pop up to stop on save .... I think I know if I am saving and closing just want the software to play catch up and go faster 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The Dialog verbiage is grammatically incorrect, as Carolyn pointed out. "Getting" should be "Being" and "Anyways" is a nonstandard form of "Anyway".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And another... They're like Easter Eggs!!

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 6.09.23 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback. I've reported it to the team and these are being worked on. 

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should be "worked on"... helping Adobe with grammar šŸ˜œ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Corrected! šŸ™‚ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I noticed those too. How did nobody catch those? Who cares about grammar anyways?! lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi all,

We have fixed this issue in our latest release (v 24.0.1). If you are not already on v 24.0.1, then we recommend you to update to the latest version and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines