Exit

Feedback on custom font

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well.

I have just finished creating some custom type for a logo I am making and wish to get some feedback on how I could have done it better under the hood. The way I have made the type is:

- I drew the letters (in this case the M).

- I then created two copies of the letter.

- To one of the copies I applied a clipping mask and placed it at the back of the art (this is the colourful background). And then I applied a black stroke to the letter M.

- The other copy I simply applied a white fill and black stroke to and placed it in front of the clipping mask font but at an angle (to give a 3D effect)

- What I then did was 'connect' the two copies by using the pen/curve tool to draw curved lines at each joining point (please see the image as I have annotated where I drew these lines).

- I then used the pen tool again to fill in the areas that needed filling in with colour (again please see the annotations on the image).

Now the above creates the desired look and feel I want, however I can't help but have a nagging feeling that there was a better way to do this. Therefore my question is, is there a better way to do this? And if so I would much appreciate you guys letting me know so that I could re-do the logo but in a more proffesional way.

Let me know if there are any questions!

I have attached two images, one is the original and one has the annotations on.

(also in the images to the left there is some chopped off colour, ignore this it is just some of the letter that is to the left of the M that I didn't crop properly)

Cheers,

Callum

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?