Highlighted

File formats changed

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I've recently come back from a trip only to go onto my computer and discover all the a.i field have changed to something called Gen2letter01 files, this is very annoying as I can't open my files in illustrator anymore and I fear I could lose my work. Any help would be appreciated 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

File formats changed

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I've recently come back from a trip only to go onto my computer and discover all the a.i field have changed to something called Gen2letter01 files, this is very annoying as I can't open my files in illustrator anymore and I fear I could lose my work. Any help would be appreciated 

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A.i files*

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most probably you just need to change which default application should open the files.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but do you know why when I go to save the files as a illustrator file, they automatically get formatted into a gen2letter file? 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see you mentioning a.i files and A.i files.

Both are the wrong extension for Illustrator files

It should be .ai 

Maybe that's your problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 14, 2020 0