• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File -> New

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't seem to find the solution to something that used to be so simple in a previous version of illustrator.

For example if I would like to create an a3 poster...

I used to click File - New - and it would open up options where I could select A4, a3, a5, etc. There would be a clearly laid out range of standard presets that included these normally used print document sizes. 

Now I do not see this at all and can not seem to locate these options.

What shows now on the latest Illustrator when I press File - New are template options - but pre made designs, stationary suite suggestions etc. Everything is already populated with vector graphics and designs. Even if I was to use these, delete the content and try to make it work as a hack the sizes are not clearly indicated. 

I feel like im missing something really simple but cant seem to come up with the answer from searching.

Can anyone help?! Very frustrating!!
Thank you 

Does anyone know how to access such information when setting up a new file? I feel a bit daft as it's such a simple thing. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

You should see a row of document presets as well as the templates:

Files1.png

If you don't see these, then something may be wrong with your installation.

If you switch to the old New Document window (Edit > Preferences > General > Use Legacy 'File New' Interface), can you see the document profiles/size presets as you would expect?

Files2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should see a row of document presets as well as the templates:

Files1.png

If you don't see these, then something may be wrong with your installation.

If you switch to the old New Document window (Edit > Preferences > General > Use Legacy 'File New' Interface), can you see the document profiles/size presets as you would expect?

Files2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you kindly for taking the time to reply. With your suggestion I have managed to sort this out and the issue is now resolved. Such a relief! Have a great day, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines