• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File is too damaged to open

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error that illustrator tried to read my file but it was too damaged, I have tried the following to attempt and repair this issue:

- Checked the data recovery folder within my computer 

- restarted my computer and illustrator

- created a new file and > Place (broken file)

From what I can remember I was trying to export it and place it in fresco but illustrator was being slow and I think I tried to export twice. I know I should've been patient but ya know how it is. Tried emailing adobe but no response after a week. Please help!

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John did you save the file? And if so where was it saved to- cloud or desktop. Was the file saved in the same Illustrator version that you are trying to open it in? Gather that you created on desktop and tried to open on you iPad? Or was it created on you iPad in the eginning? Lots of questions but hopefully one of these will help in solving- if there is a way to rectify this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2020 Dec 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kat,

I have the file saved and I'm not sure what version it's saved in, I think it's the latest version. I don't have an iPad so I can't attempt to open it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Dec 17, 2020 Dec 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a long shot but if you wish for me to try and open the file you could email it to me. Promise that the file will be safe with me and IF I have any luck I will then send it back to you. My email address is mail@truschgilbertdesign.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, please try updating the application to 25.1 and let us know how it goes.

If that doesn't help, please share your file at file@adobe.com & we will take a look at the file.  I must also inform you that file recovery can't be guaranteed with a 100% success. We'll surely try our best.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines