Highlighted

File saving issues

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have recently upgraded to Illustrator 24.2.2. I have been experiencing some very odd things with saving files. This has never happened to me before, and it is very concerning. I have been working on projects. Saving, and then saving as a pdf for proofing. Then later when I have been returning to the artwork file, it has not saved the last amends, and had not saved the amends. This has happened a lot since I upgraded the app. Not sure what I might be doing wrong. I have been making sure I save the file before doing a "save as" pdf for proof.  Thank you. Regards Stewart.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

Can you check if "Save in background" is turned on? And if so: turn it off.

In case you are saving to a network or to synchronized folder (Dropbox or the like) a whole lot of other issues might pop up.

So please try saving to the local drive. Does that work better?

If you want to improve saving to servers, please try different settings for the "optimize saving over network" option.

You'll find them in Preferences > File handling & clipboard.

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

File saving issues

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I have recently upgraded to Illustrator 24.2.2. I have been experiencing some very odd things with saving files. This has never happened to me before, and it is very concerning. I have been working on projects. Saving, and then saving as a pdf for proofing. Then later when I have been returning to the artwork file, it has not saved the last amends, and had not saved the amends. This has happened a lot since I upgraded the app. Not sure what I might be doing wrong. I have been making sure I save the file before doing a "save as" pdf for proof.  Thank you. Regards Stewart.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

In case you are saving to a network or to synchronized folder (Dropbox or the like) a whole lot of other issues might pop up.

If you want to improve saving to servers, please try different settings for the "optimize saving over network" option.

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 1
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.. Thank you for the reply. I did have "save in background" switch on, and have turned that off now. I am using Dropbox to save my files, but I thought they were saved on your hard drive, and then they upload to dropbox server. On the file settings, it does have "optimize fil eopen and save time on slow networks (beta)" swicthed on. Shoudl I just switch this off? Thaks for the reply. It has been driving me mad tryng to work out why I have lost amends that I had done. Do you know if I have to change for all Adove software like Indesign? could not see the same option.. Regards Stewart

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File saving is handled differently by the Adobe applications. Do you have issues with InDesign as well?

Illustrator just sometimes cannot handle the synchronising. I don't know why.

As for the file saving on slow networks: for some people it works better withthis on, for others it works better when it's off. Networks just are very different.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0
Resources