• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File Transfer Between Versions of Ai

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I open Ai files in a newer version (25.2) than they were created in (24.3) and edit them, will they get messed up at all? Or is the transfer through CC to a new version of the App seamless between files?

If they do change at all/get damaged/render differently, please help!

I just got a new Mac and installed Ai on it from my CC account/plan. It defaulted to the new 2021 version. I want to download Ai v 24.3 (what I've used to created several files) but I can't find it as an option in CC. Someone mentioned that you can open "other versions" of the App under your installed App's menu in CC but this doesn't show up as an option for me on the drop down. (See screenshot.)

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot shows a browser. Try it with the CC desktop app, it will give more options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! That worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good to hear that helped.

You wrote: "If I open Ai files in a newer version (25.2) than they were created in (24.3) and edit them, will they get messed up at all? Or is the transfer through CC to a new version of the App seamless between files?"

Normally it should work without problems, but you should always be aware of unexpected differences. As an example the current 25.2.2 version has a problem with type on a path when older files are opened.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines