• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File won't open with Illustrator 25.0 - Error message reads " Error Opening ''" "

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I successfully saved a cloud document 13 hours ago. I tried opening it not too long along and I keep getting a prompt message saying "Error opening ''" ". I can open every file but this one. I've not had issues like such before. Does anyone have recommendations on how I can resolve this? 

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's int he file and how large is it?

Anything special? Did Illustrator crash when saving or the like?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just a basic illustration created with the curvature tool. The file is 141 KB and no, there wasn't a crash to my knowledge upon saving. It's saved as a cloud document. It is displayed in my library like every other file but it's literally the only one that I can not access. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance you had Save in Background checked in your Preferences and you shut down your computer before the save was finished?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no, the file saved automatically. Prior to me closing the application, the file had already been saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any idea if cloud documents can be recovered or saved as regular ai files? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see it in the Creative Cloud app?

If so, you can double click it to open.

cloud docs.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see it, and I have tried opening it that way (probably too many times lol). It simply will not open. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And if you go to the upper right of this window you can click 3 dots and choose View on web.

When shown in a Browser window, you may select it and click on the clock icon to view the history.

Maybe you can open an earlier version of the file.

history.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to revert to an older version, but it still didn't open. It may be a lost cause honestly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. The same error pops up and reverting it to an older version to download also fails. The file I was working on was a gift for a friend so this not cool at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this exact issue today! Were you able to find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To anyone else who shows up here with this problem, it has to do with the release of version 25.1. You'll probably have to install the beta version of that release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines