Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files locked or in use

Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm getting this error message in Illustrator more often than not. A colleague send me files, via We Transfer and I still cannot open them I'm getting a message that the files are "locked or in use". This is impossible, because I'm trying to open files that were emailed to me. Attached is a screenshot of this message.

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 10.25.36 AM.pngIf anyone can help me resolve this, that would be great! I even tried making copies of these files but I still can't open them.

Thanks!

Ellen

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If people send you files, tell them to first ZIP the file then send it. Does it work better then?

Also: can you try and check the file privileges in the Info box in the finder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monica, 

Yes the person zipped the files before sending them. However the entire folder says "zero bytes". I don't know if it's because I don't have access? The setting and persmissions says I can read and write. I attached a screenshot to where is says "zero bytes" beneath the file on the right.

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 11.49.16 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even as a zipped folder, it says the entire folder is 2KB. Does that mean the files have no info whatsoever? our files are usually at least 4MB.

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 11.51.41 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zipping can effectively reduce file size, but zero sounds unrealistic.

So maybe you could ask the other people to transfer files differently?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes I thought that sounded unrealistic too. I'll try asking them to send the files differently. This is very odd, as I usually have no problem with we transfer. I'm wondering if something is wrong on my end (my computer). I'll try to get them to transfer the files to me another way. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines