Filling in the Lines

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to fill in the empty spaces in the item I drew, for example I want to fill in the body of the jersey one color, and leave the sleeves/collar a different color. Not sure if photoshop or ilustrator is a better task, i drew the image and then imported the image from my old work so it is in photoshop I'm assuming as an imported image. Just want to know if theres a fill method to fill in certain sections without manually using the paint feature and to keep the color uniform and no stray lines

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

Can you please show a screenshot and tell us if youare working with vector or raster artwork?

Apart from that: the live paint function might help you https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/live-paint-groups.html

Contrary to popular belief, Illustrator will not read your mind though. You still have to use the tools.

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Filling in the Lines

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there anyway to fill in the empty spaces in the item I drew, for example I want to fill in the body of the jersey one color, and leave the sleeves/collar a different color. Not sure if photoshop or ilustrator is a better task, i drew the image and then imported the image from my old work so it is in photoshop I'm assuming as an imported image. Just want to know if theres a fill method to fill in certain sections without manually using the paint feature and to keep the color uniform and no stray lines

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Monika Gause | Adobe Community Professional

Can you please show a screenshot and tell us if youare working with vector or raster artwork?

Apart from that: the live paint function might help you https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/live-paint-groups.html

Contrary to popular belief, Illustrator will not read your mind though. You still have to use the tools.

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 05, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi. Illustrator is a vector drawing app and therefore will need the artwork to be vector to fully utilise its functions. As the image is raster you will need to draw/"tell" illustrator what and where to colour. I think for what you are trying to achieve from what you have, photoshop will be easier to use.

/G

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 0
Resources