• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

finicky anchor points

New Here ,
Dec 11, 2017 Dec 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, I'm having issues with adding anchor points, adjusting anchor points and subtracting anchor points.

Upon upgrading to cc 2018, the anchor points seem to be very finicky. Today I kept getting the error:

“please use the add anchor point tool on a segment of a path”

I know what this means, but before it felt like the program knew what I was intending on doing. Now, unless I am zoomed in really really close I'll get that message. I work pretty fast and this hasn't ever been an issue in the past. Anyone else experiencing any similarities?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Try clicking rocket icon to turn on/off gpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reg,

Are you (still) working with Smart Guides (on)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try clicking rocket icon to turn on/off gpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is what did it for me, but it was helpful. I don't seem to have the issue anymore, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad the issue has gone away!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Toggling this view (CMD + E) seems to have resolved for me as well. Quite quirky...

Thanks for the tip, Barbara Ash!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have that icon, but I did select "view using CPU" and it fixed the issue for one path. But I still have a rectangle I can't add an anchor point to with the tool. This is SO LAME. I'm getting sick of Adobe's unusable software. They've created such a bloated mess of extra features, that the basics sometimes don't work. How hard can it be? Create rectangle. Add anchor point. What's the problem Adobe? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I literally had to copy the recangle into a new document, add the anchor point, then copy back into the original doc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines