• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flickering cursor

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is back again in Adobe Illustrator CC 2021.
No, I do not have a webcompanion and no the issue is not the libraries panel which i finally got to close after many tries.

I'm very annoyed by this and can't work right now.

If you have anything I could try please let me know.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Axiotanor,

What happens if you hide illustrator and hide photoshop, then reselect Photoshop and reselect Illustrator as suggested by RockyDavies in this thread?

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1650281

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't solve the problem, as soon as the application is opened the issue continues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, the problem also continues if the application is hidden.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes it's still here after... must be about 8 years!

If any Apple/Adobe engineers read this (if it helps) - I'm on a Mac Pro (2019) 3.3GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W with 160 GB RAM (2933 MHz DDR4) and AMD Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB graphics card OS 11.2.3 (Big Sur)... just let me know if you want any other info.

Also running the latest Illustrator 25.2.1

It's a serious issue which affects my workflow (occurs in InDesign too). Seems to be happening only when Photoshop is open. Hiding Photoshop sometimes helps but not always - and it's a hack not a fix. And it's not good to have to be quitting Photoshop all the time... there's plenty of memory in this machine so shouldn't be an issue in that department, however it tends to flare up after editing something in Photoshop then switching to Illustrator or InDesign. Then hiding Photoshop calms it slightly and evetually it disappears... so annoying!

Why can't Apple and Adobe just work together and fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines