Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

font in Mac and Windows

Enthusiast ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I made a file on Windows and opened it on Mac.

Now, I see the message below about a missing font.

When I open the file on Windows, I see no font issue.

Would you tell me how to do?

Hosun Kang

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 1.00.06.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

There are some kinds of type fonts that need separate versions for use on either a Mac or PC. The only true cross platform fonts are called Open Type. You can tell Open Type fonts by the extension ".otf". True Type fonts (extension .ttf) may work correctly on both platforms (the kind made for Windows is supposed to be cross platform but the ones made for Mac are not). Postscript Type 1 fonts (each font needs two separate files—A screen font and a printers font) are rapidly being phased out as th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are some kinds of type fonts that need separate versions for use on either a Mac or PC. The only true cross platform fonts are called Open Type. You can tell Open Type fonts by the extension ".otf". True Type fonts (extension .ttf) may work correctly on both platforms (the kind made for Windows is supposed to be cross platform but the ones made for Mac are not). Postscript Type 1 fonts (each font needs two separate files—A screen font and a printers font) are rapidly being phased out as they were made in separate versions for Mac and PC. If the font you are having an issue with is not a cross platform one then that is the likely reason for your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much.

Hosun Kang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines