• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font menu is missing after reinstalling Illustrator 2020 on Windows 10

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I reinstalled the latest version of illustrator CC from cloud. OS - Windows 10

The menu "Type -> Font" is gone, not opening, nothing.

Font window on the upper bar: it opens, but all the fonts are displayed identically.

How can i fix it? I had the same problem a few times with this product, on different computers.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. That's not a typical experience with the application. Unexpected behavior in application can be caused due to corrupt/ damaged preferences. Please try resetting Illustrator preferences and let us know how it goes: 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines