Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font previews not loading

New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Please bear with me as I'm not technologically gifted (nor, often, competent). I have googled this problem as best I can but to no avail.

When I started scrolling through the 'Find More' fonts list this morning, a good number of them were not previewing. After some experimenting, these are (I think) the pertinent details:

• The issue is only manifesting on the 'Find More' list, not the 'Fonts' list;
  • Every font family up to 'Karmina' is previewing with no problem;
  • Thereafter, I estimate 80-90% of families not to be previewing;
  • When I click to see the fonts within a family that is not previewing, they all individually preview with the exception of the regular font (I assume this has something to do with the lack of preview beforehand);
  • This issue is affecting font families I have activated as well as those I have not, but it is not affecting them when they appear on the 'Fonts' list as opposed to the 'Find More' list.

I hope this makes sense and I would be extremely grateful for any guidance. Many thanks in advance.

Dan

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. I hope your issue is resolved now.

If you still have issues, I'd request you to follow troubleshooting steps suggested on this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-illustrator-indesign.html). Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Apologies for the delayed response. I hope your issue is resolved now.

If you still have issues, I'd request you to follow troubleshooting steps suggested on this help article(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/fonts/kb/troubleshoot-fonts-illustrator-indesign.html). Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2021 Apr 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be a memory issue. Try choosng 'Show smaller sample text size'.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have some massive issues with fonts on the latest version of Illustrator on Big Sur and Apple Silicon M1 (16 GB RAM). The preview is extremely slow, I have spinning beach balls for 2+ minutes when trying to change the font. So I switched off font preview and it still takes forever (doesn't matter if I change it with arrows or trying pick fonts from the list). Extremely frustrating experience – I have to work now with text in Photoshop or Affinity Designer first and then copy/export it to Illustrator. It slows my workflow around 5x with this. Horrible experience with the latest update!

P.S. Before anyone asks – all the font files are fine, I've checked them with FontBook app for any issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2023 Jun 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here!  The support on this is terrible and there is NOTHING that explains this issue on adobe website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ashutosh_Mishra WOW!  You answer a month later and you give NO solution and say "I hope your issue is resloved now".  Terrible support!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines