• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font selector in character panel not scrolling with arrow keys

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use the arrow keys to toggle through fonts in the character panel of CC2020, the arrow toggles down properly until it reaches the last font visible in the default panel size. After it reaches the last one visible, the down arrow continues to toggle, but the window doesn't move along with it. In fact, while continuing to hit the down key, the window doesn't start toggling down until I've gone 5 fonts below the visible window, and it never catches up, so I never know what font I am looking at until I hit enter to officially select it. As you can see in the image below, the last font listed in the window is AGENCY, but the font selected is the one below that, which you can see the top half is highlighted in gray. Once I use the down arrow to toggle one more down, you cannot see what is highlighted. What is the fix? And the fix should not be to use the mouse. That is not as efficient as when we could use the down arrows to toggle all the way down the list.

illustator font selector issue.JPG

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

What OS version are  you running? Have you restarted? Try resetting your workspace.

Check your view settings

1.JPG

Try changing how many recent fonts to a different amount? 

2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS version are  you running? Have you restarted? Try resetting your workspace.

Check your view settings

1.JPG

Try changing how many recent fonts to a different amount? 

2.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10 Pro. My "previous fonts" setting was already on 10. I changed it to 15 and still no change. I also tried a reboot of the PC and the workspace.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK it is fixed. I didn't realize what your first suggestion was implying, but I figured out where that section was. Mine was set to 125%. Once I changed it to 100%, that seems to have done the trick. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For my part you are welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK it is fixed. I didn't realize what your first suggestion was implying, but I figured out where that section was. Mine was set to 125%. Once I changed it to 100%, that seems to have done the trick. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines