• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font shows up differently in Illustrator versus Word/Publisher documents

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm used to designing everything in Illustrator, but my company like to do a lot of edits and it's always quite tedious for them to try and edit a PDF, so they've requested I move over a brochure design into Publisher so it's easier for everyone (they're super simple designs). But now I'm stuck because they're complaining the font shows up differently. I'm using the default font in both instances but it seems somewhat more condensed in Publisher than it does Illustrator and I've been asked to resolve this (no clue how!!!!)

I attached an image, right is in Illustrator, left Publisher

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Typesetting engines in software differ. Adobe software has very refined typesetting engines that produce way better results than most other design software. Let alone software such as Publisher.

You might find a setting that gets closer to Illustrator. But I doubt it will ever work, because your colleagues will need to be able to apply it as well.

Sobasically your company needs to make a decision. Either everyone and their dog can make any edit they like and then edit and edit again and edit a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not familiar with Publisher. Is tracking something you can adjust there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah you can. Does it look like it's just the tracking that could be changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Typesetting engines in software differ. Adobe software has very refined typesetting engines that produce way better results than most other design software. Let alone software such as Publisher.

You might find a setting that gets closer to Illustrator. But I doubt it will ever work, because your colleagues will need to be able to apply it as well.

Sobasically your company needs to make a decision. Either everyone and their dog can make any edit they like and then edit and edit again and edit and edit. Or they finally get their acts together, first make a concept, come up with a decent text and then get it all layouted and have it look great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines