Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font size dosn't match font size in other programs [AI CS6]

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello community,

I have a huge problem with the font size in Illustrator CS6.

My co-worker and I are designing mockups. He's using Inkscape. Sometimes I have to tell him the font sizes I used in Illustrator so he can adjust it in Inkscape. But the font size dosn't match. The text appears larger in Inkscape than in Illustrator when using the same size. E. g. 18 pt in Illustrator are around 13 pt in Inkscape to get the same text size. We have no clue why the size dosn't match...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't sound unusual. Many people assume 100% means the same in all apps, but that's just wrong. Also, check font units points vs. pixels vs. mm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the same size as px in Inkscape when pt is used in Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In addition to good information shared above, I'd request checking out this help article as well to know more about fonts & troubleshooting.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines