• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Title Not Displaying in Character Panel > Font Menu

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2014 Oct 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just updated to OS X Yosemite and noticed that the font titles don't display in the Character Panel > Font Menu.  However, they do display when rolled over with the cursor.  This is only happening in Illustrator.  All other Adobe apps are correctly displaying font titles.  Anyone else having this problem?

Using Adobe Illustrator CS5.1 / Mac OS X Yosemite

Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 10.28.13 AM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

I think I have the answer! Adobe Illustrator CS5 Font Menu Display Fix in OSX Yosemite

Report back if this works and pass it on if it does--it worked for me the moment I hit the checkbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2014 Oct 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same problem for me too since updating to Mac OS X Yosemite earlier today.

Just as per previous post, this problem only occurs in Illustrator; not in any other application from the Suite.

Adobe Illustrator 15.0.2 & Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10

adobe_illustrator.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try and check "Show Font names in English" in Preferences > Type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice Monika.

I tried your suggestion but it was of little use, the problem still persists.

Might be as Jacob said, a reinstallation of all the software is the only way to go?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you by chance have any font management running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika,

Tried selecting "Show Font names in English" with no resolution as well.  Not running any font management software.  Going to try a reinstall

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same trouble after upgrading to Yosemite.  Can you let me know if reinstalling works so I know whether to do the same.

screen_grab_fonts.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fonts, björn,

Have you reinstalled CS5 after upgrading to Yosemite?

If the issue persists, I am afraid there are quite a few mismatches between Yosemite and multiple versions of Illy, so I believe the sorting is for Apple rather than Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob,

I have not yet tried re-installing CS5 after the Yosemite upgrade but if all else fails, that's probably the only way to go.

Other applications in the Suite, like Indesign, works just fine, as it should; only Illustrator being stubborn

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jacob,

Thanks for reinstall suggestion.  Going to try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fonts, björn, scott,

Unless three step reinstallation helps, you may wish to roll back from Yosemite and wait to see whether the issues will be solved and reported as such.

Weeding out in older plugins seems to have helped some in some cases. It also seems that JAVA Runtime may be involved, for some it seems to help to roll back to an ealier version, for others to update to the newest.

All the above is more or less hearsay so far, with no definite final confirmation.

In any case, there is something to be sorted out by someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2014 Oct 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same problem here. Font titles not being displayed.

I tried re-installing but it did not resolve the issue.

I do wonder if I re-installed correctly. I did not remove the original install of Illustrator (CS5.1). I only ran the installer again, selecting Illustrator to be installed.

Is it better to remove it first before re-installing? And if so what is the best practice for removing it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I have the answer! Adobe Illustrator CS5 Font Menu Display Fix in OSX Yosemite

Report back if this works and pass it on if it does--it worked for me the moment I hit the checkbox.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@markdelfs  Boom! That did the trick for me!  All is well now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me too!

Open the Mac OS X System Preferences and head to ‘Accessibility.’ Once you are in there, select ‘Display’ from the left-hand list and then check the checkbox that says “Reduce transparency.”

Apple's OS X Yosemite eye-candy with transparency was the culprit here!

Great find, thanks@markdelfs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2014 Nov 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it works for me as well...:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2015 Jan 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, markdelfs. That worked for me too. Thanks for saving me the hassle of re-installing. @

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2015 Feb 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me. Why isn't Adobe bringing out a patch update for CS5 Illustrator. Seems that they can fix that rather than the users turning off OS functionality? Anyway, it's just cosmetic, but Adobe really should fix this. Thanks.

Martin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2014 Nov 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, works perfectly. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2015 Jan 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its Works!! thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2015 Mar 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah- thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you @markdelfs !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're my hero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Na nova versão do illustrator (2021) você encontrará aqui "Window > Type > Character Panel".
ou
Ctrl + T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines