• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Weight missing/not visible Vag Rundshrift D light

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of the four weights of type in the Vag Rundshrift D family I am using light for a client project and today I needed to edit the designs.  However all text in the light weight vanished from the screen when opening the illustrator file.

I have logged in and out of CC, restarted Illustrator and my PC, activated/deactivated the font and or family a couple of times each to no avail.  I have opted to use the light italic for the time being but this is not going to be acceptable to client so need a solution.
The specific font itself appears to be the issue and I am not sure what else could be the matter as I am working in illustrator most of every day and this is the only issue I have on all files associated with this project.  For reference the light font still shows up on InDesign layouts but vanishes when I open in illustrator to edit. 

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And after a half the day wasted Vag Rundshrift D light decides to stop being a twit

Case closed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This font issue has kicked off again and I really need Adobe Fonts Team to check and confirm that there is not an issue with this font file, "VAG Rundschrift D Light"?  It just doesn't work!

When I open my cleints project the type set in the above font vanishes and I cannot save changes unrelated to this item.
I cannot open a new file and make the type in a separate file to link so I do not need to open it when editing as I cannot replicate anything in this font now.

I am not able to delay with my client as this needs submitting today and it makes me look like I cannot deliver simple changes. I have until 1700hrs GMT to email over the pdf.

I would be grateful for any assistance with this as I am panicking

Thnak you in advance

Steven 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't hear this from me but have you looked online for this?

Deactivate the Cloud version and load as a normal font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking at buying it but I am not keen on spending mmoney when I am paying Adobe for the privilege already!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have other applications running when the font chooses to disappear? I only ask because I have personally seen issues with some fonts in certain typeface families not being available in Illustrator's font menu if I have CorelDRAW running at the same time. In this case I think it's an issue with Corel's font manager application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, no other applications that would use the font are running.  for reference I'm using Windows 10, up to date CC and only other applications running are MS Office; Outlook, Teams & Excel along with Google Chrome.

The font itself is definatively the main part of the issue.  I have tried to make other ai documents with it and cannot save them. But if I change the typeface I can save, even just a change of type weight allows me to save but the problem persists when I reopen it or I am stuck with any other font I save it with.

I have removed and reactivated the font.  Logging in and out of CC and restarting my PC to get everything updated and there are no benefits.  As noted previously the problem has vanished for long enough to complete revisions to the work previously but waiting is not a solution I can abide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a corrupted font file. The stuff happens. Hopefully Adobe and URW (the company who distributes Vag Rundscrift D) will fix the issue soon. Which reminds me that I need to fire off another email to Zetafonts about a defective font in their Cogogoose Pro type family. I bought it on sale recently at MyFonts. 26 of the 27 font files work fine, but the Block Gradient font is missing one or more glyphs and doesn't work right at all. I emailed MyFonts and Zetafonts about it a couple or so weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you need an answer from the Fonts team, then https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-fonts/bd-p/fonts?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all is the better place to post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines