• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FontExplorer X Pro plugin for Illustrator CC 2020.

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

my AI cc2020 don't load the fontexplorer X Pro plugin despite i have the latest version of FontExplorer X pro!!

Thank's for your help.

Valéry

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd recommend contacting FontExplorer X team about this. Additionally, you may try reinstalling the plugin. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer , Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Following are the steps that tech support at FontExplorer X gave me to solve this problem. This is for Mac, not PC.

1.  Quit Illustrator
  2.  Uninstall Illustrator plug-in in FontExplorer X Pro Plug-In Manager
  3.  Start Illustrator, so that it considers the change
  4.  Quit Illustrator
  5.  Install Illustrator plug-in in FontExplorer X Pro Plug-In Manager
  6.  Unquarantine the plug-in with the xattr command in Terminal
  7.  Launch Terminal, type "sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine" without the quotes and
     without return, but

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd recommend contacting FontExplorer X team about this. Additionally, you may try reinstalling the plugin. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AshutoshMishra.... There is nothing to reinstall. The OP and several others said the Plug-in  is missing. And the button to install is greyed out and nothing happens.

Did you furnish Font Xplorer with the necessary resource code adn API to build this important feature? Or do you just leave it up to them to crack your code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 13, 2020 Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FontXPlorer folks don't write it in big letters onto their page, but you can finally find that important info:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-14 um 02.49.00.png

Obviously they are not ready yet. Other font managers are ready: https://help.extensis.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037866234-Adobe-CC-2020-Plug-ins-for-Suitcase-Fusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The people at FontExplorer say it's an Adobe problem. This is the screen I get when booting up Illustrator. This problem does not happen in InDesign or Photoshop.

Illustrator screen.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator is very peculiar about font management. It needs to be 150% compatible.

If their plugin is too old, it probably is not compatible.

But the warning you see is issued by your system. It's Apple's nanny.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Monika. Adobe is updating to 2021 shortly and perhaps this nuisance will go away at that time. I'll also post this on the Apple board. Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not Illustrator that needs to be updated in this case. It's Font Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the most current version of FontExplorer X. Will let you know what I hear from the Apple experts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most current version might still not be compatible with the current Illustrator version. So did you check that specifically (see screenshot above).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted the folks at FontExplorer X one more time and they gave me some arcane commands to type in Terminal mode, and the problem is solved. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2020 Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following are the steps that tech support at FontExplorer X gave me to solve this problem. This is for Mac, not PC.

1.  Quit Illustrator
  2.  Uninstall Illustrator plug-in in FontExplorer X Pro Plug-In Manager
  3.  Start Illustrator, so that it considers the change
  4.  Quit Illustrator
  5.  Install Illustrator plug-in in FontExplorer X Pro Plug-In Manager
  6.  Unquarantine the plug-in with the xattr command in Terminal
  7.  Launch Terminal, type "sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine" without the quotes and
     without return, but including the final space
  8.  Instead of typing the path, drag the plug-in file to the Terminal. The result should
     read: sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine path / to / your / plugin
  9.  Press return to run the command
  10.  Terminal will ask for an admin password
  11.  When completed, start Illustrator
  12.  The problem should not reappear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020 Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow! it worked! awesome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This method doesn't seem to work with Illustrator 2021 in Big Sur 11.4. The only FEX plugin working is the one for InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably dredging up an old, resolved post -- my apologies but as Monika Gause pointed out; This is courtesy of apple "protecting you" from yourself and "identified devs."

Overall fix -- System Pref > Security & Privacy > General

"Allow apps downloaded from" @ the bottom -- switch it to include and identified developers.

This didn't solve for the plugin but is usually a good place to start.

From this point you can always right click, open (MUST be right clicked) -- then be given an option to open anyway and save the app as trusted by the system.

In the case of the AIP file it was a bit wonky as some locations didn't acknowledge the plugin as an application.

I set the AIP file to "open with illustrator" under get info -- then performed the right click open and was queried to allow it. Closed and re-opened Illustrator just in case. No more message. OS now trusted it.

This may be dated, (and I'm certain) already covered elsewhere; but I know some don't feel comfortable in the terminal and this is a simple enough work around to circumvent that AND utilize for any "unidentified developer" apps in the future on macOS...

Apologies if I'm late to the party; I just landed here having searched the same issue as OP with 2020 and had JUST experienced the the "malicious software" bottleneck with the already existing plugin when reverting back to CC 2014 and had solved for that.

-- Z

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines