Highlighted

FontExplorer X Pro plugin for Illustrator CC 2020.

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

my AI cc2020 don't load the fontexplorer X Pro plugin despite i have the latest version of FontExplorer X pro!!

Thank's for your help.

Valéry

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd recommend contacting FontExplorer X team about this. Additionally, you may try reinstalling the plugin. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
Bug, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

FontExplorer X Pro plugin for Illustrator CC 2020.

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

my AI cc2020 don't load the fontexplorer X Pro plugin despite i have the latest version of FontExplorer X pro!!

Thank's for your help.

Valéry

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd recommend contacting FontExplorer X team about this. Additionally, you may try reinstalling the plugin. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

TOPICS
Bug, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 12, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AshutoshMishra.... There is nothing to reinstall. The OP and several others said the Plug-in  is missing. And the button to install is greyed out and nothing happens.

Did you furnish Font Xplorer with the necessary resource code adn API to build this important feature? Or do you just leave it up to them to crack your code.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The FontXPlorer folks don't write it in big letters onto their page, but you can finally find that important info:

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-14 um 02.49.00.png

Obviously they are not ready yet. Other font managers are ready: https://help.extensis.com/hc/en-us/articles/360037866234-Adobe-CC-2020-Plug-ins-for-Suitcase-Fusion

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The people at FontExplorer say it's an Adobe problem. This is the screen I get when booting up Illustrator. This problem does not happen in InDesign or Photoshop.

Illustrator screen.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 0
Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator is very peculiar about font management. It needs to be 150% compatible.

If their plugin is too old, it probably is not compatible.

But the warning you see is issued by your system. It's Apple's nanny.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 30, 2020 1
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Monika. Adobe is updating to 2021 shortly and perhaps this nuisance will go away at that time. I'll also post this on the Apple board. Tim

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not Illustrator that needs to be updated in this case. It's Font Explorer.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the most current version of FontExplorer X. Will let you know what I hear from the Apple experts.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 01, 2020 0
Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most current version might still not be compatible with the current Illustrator version. So did you check that specifically (see screenshot above).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 02, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I contacted the folks at FontExplorer X one more time and they gave me some arcane commands to type in Terminal mode, and the problem is solved. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 03, 2020 0
Explorer ,
Oct 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following are the steps that tech support at FontExplorer X gave me to solve this problem. This is for Mac, not PC.

1.  Quit Illustrator
  2.  Uninstall Illustrator plug-in in FontExplorer X Pro Plug-In Manager
  3.  Start Illustrator, so that it considers the change
  4.  Quit Illustrator
  5.  Install Illustrator plug-in in FontExplorer X Pro Plug-In Manager
  6.  Unquarantine the plug-in with the xattr command in Terminal
  7.  Launch Terminal, type "sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine" without the quotes and
     without return, but including the final space
  8.  Instead of typing the path, drag the plug-in file to the Terminal. The result should
     read: sudo xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine path / to / your / plugin
  9.  Press return to run the command
  10.  Terminal will ask for an admin password
  11.  When completed, start Illustrator
  12.  The problem should not reappear

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 04, 2020 4
Kouakou LATEST
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 12, 2020 0