Fonts/Design look good in AI but print blurry/pixelated

New Here ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter what I try, my text and images are printing blurry/pixelated. I toggled on anti-alias and no change. Made sure the dpi is 300. The text is just a preset font.The image is a purchased png. I have taken all the advice I've been given and still no change. The image and text look good in AI and the preview on my Mac. They look good when I put them in photoshop. Please help.

TOPICS
Draw and design, How to, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo is what the image looks like once printed.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LeFawn,

What happens if you save as PDF (to keep vector Type/artwork instead of exporting to some raster format) and print from that?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How are you checking the dpi is 300 dpi???

If you set your type as live editable type

Illustrator does not have a document dpi setting as it always sends at maximum quality. There is a raster effects setting, but not the same as in photoshop where you set the amount of pixels for the entire document.  If the printer you are sending to does not have postscript, then Jacob's advice will solve your issue. Print the pdf from acrobat not illustrator to get around the printer not having postscript. 

If you placed an image of type at 300 dpi and scaled it larger

Well then your image does not have enough pixels

If you need more help, please provide us information about your file construction and printer, as the scenarios are vast of what this could be, but that will narrow down for us what your issue is.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines