• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts incorrectly display with outline

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a simple logo design in Illustrator 25.0, and when I set my text fill color to a light grey and my text path color to no color, my fonts display with an outline. This is obviously incorrect, but when I exported the document to PNG, the outline is there. As you can see in the screenshot, the path is set to no color. This appears to be a showstopper bug in the application. I've been using Illustrator for nearly 30 years, and have never seen anything like this. The font is Adobe Myriad, activated via Creative Cloud.

2020-11-19.png

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe there are 2 fills, one for the characters and one for the type object.

Highlight the characters with the type tool and set the fill to none.

Select the type with the Selection tool and set your fill or add a fill in the appearance panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is only one place to set the stroke and fill color for a text object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show the screenshot with the result. The white outline must display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no white outline, so I don't know what you are asking for. As you can see in the screenshot I've already provided, the stroke is set to "no color", yet the characters are showing up with a stroke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but without the text being selected there's no way to confirm what you are saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines