Highlighted

Fonts incorrectly display with outline

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a simple logo design in Illustrator 25.0, and when I set my text fill color to a light grey and my text path color to no color, my fonts display with an outline. This is obviously incorrect, but when I exported the document to PNG, the outline is there. As you can see in the screenshot, the path is set to no color. This appears to be a showstopper bug in the application. I've been using Illustrator for nearly 30 years, and have never seen anything like this. The font is Adobe Myriad, activated via Creative Cloud.

2020-11-19.png

TOPICS
Bug, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Fonts incorrectly display with outline

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a simple logo design in Illustrator 25.0, and when I set my text fill color to a light grey and my text path color to no color, my fonts display with an outline. This is obviously incorrect, but when I exported the document to PNG, the outline is there. As you can see in the screenshot, the path is set to no color. This appears to be a showstopper bug in the application. I've been using Illustrator for nearly 30 years, and have never seen anything like this. The font is Adobe Myriad, activated via Creative Cloud.

2020-11-19.png

TOPICS
Bug, Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe there are 2 fills, one for the characters and one for the type object.

Highlight the characters with the type tool and set the fill to none.

Select the type with the Selection tool and set your fill or add a fill in the appearance panel.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show the screenshot with the result. The white outline must display.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 19, 2020 0
Resources