I am having an issue where fonts i have installed on my windows machine are not showing up in illustrator. I have tried the following
(1) Tried restarting illustrator and my machine.
(2) i have tried locating and delete the Adobefnt.lst file. I couldnt find this file on my system
(3) i have verified the fonts in question work with other programs.
(4) cleaned my font cache in windows at C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\FontCache
(5) Tried copying fonts to c:\program files\common files\adobe\fonts\
(6) install the font on my adobe creative cloud account.
Did you install the fonts "for all users"?
What kind of fonts are they?
I did install for all users. I dont know what you mean by type but it is a file called STCaiyun.TTF.
So it's a TTF
Did you check if it is OK?
Yes a tff. I dont know what you mean by check if its ok?
I works in word and other applications so i assume the file is ok?
Is there some other check i can perform?
Illustrator is very prissy about fonts. They have to be technically OK.
There is software that can check this.
ok thanks. What software would that be? shouldnt illustrator give me some indication there is an issue with a font?