Fonts not listed in Character panel

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If I click on Type > Font all my fonts are listed but if I click the dropdown in the Character panel, only about 15 are listed. Is there a feature reason for this that I've missed or is this an error?

I'd really like to be able to see all my fonts in the Character panel dropdown as I used to in previous versions.

I'm running the latest version of Illustrator (25.2.3), Windows 10, Extensis Suitcase Font management.

As a side note - I would only expect to see system fonts and fonts that I have activated via Extensis Suitcase so the issue isn't due to de-activated fonts as they are displaying correctly in the Type menu.

Thanks for any help

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, so by chance I realised the fonts are there I can 2 finger scroll the character panel! Sounds dumb but without the scroll bar it wasn't obvious.......What happened to the scroll bar?

I use a tablet with touch controls off so would prefer the scroll bar, is this a preference I can add back in?

Thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you move your app to the left so you see the scroll bar. it may be getting cut off if you are in maximize window,

MikeGondek_0-1623157338710.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My panel doesn't look like yours! Seems I'm missing the font view size selection in the top right too. 

There's plenty of space as it's floating on a separate monitor - do I have some viewing preferences a different somewhere maybe?character panel.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version is that? Please give us a number.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines