Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 2.30.42 PM.png

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Could you please share some information like:

• OS and version of Illustrator?
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?

Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way, all the old settings will be saved in .old folders, and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest osx and illustrator. No changes, just stopped displaying font in one document today. I try to keep the system with a minimum amount of software and changes just to make ... adobe run well. 

Reset preferences - the most common advice suggested by adobe employees.
I'm getting sick of this. I do not configure the program to reset it.

It would be nice if instead of apologizing and suggesting resetting over and over again, Adobe started to take a more serious approach to program releases. I know it's ... impossible. But I'm starting to get pissed off. My last 20 years of life are fighting your bugs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All fonts or just a specific one?

Do you use font management?

Did you install any fonts recently?

Which language are you in?

Did you already reboot the computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• I only have one font in this document, and only this one does not appear when selected
  • no
  • no
  • Please clarify your question more, there are many different language settings

Did you already reboot the computer - this is not possible at the moment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing was changed, I just opened the document (an hour ago it was still working) for more changes, and I am not able to select a bold font because I can't see it ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So other fonts show in the menu?

Which font is this?

I'm referring to the system language and the language you are using in the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - if i type with other font it's ok.
If i click that one i have in document, there is no name.

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Space+Grotesk

EN document, EN system, PL input

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you use specific Polish characters in the text?

Does the font support them? If it doesn't, the characters get replaced with the default font and the result would be mixed fonts in the text and the result of that would be that the font name doesn't show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

We're extremely sorry to hear your experience with Illustrator. There are multiple factors both internal and external to Illustrator application that can lead to such performance issues which we are addressing time to time. As this is a file specific issue, would it be possible to share the files with us? If yes, you can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 

We can try to isolate this issue and help you accordingly.

Regards,

Srishti 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's illu, not iD. 
I can share file with You, but not in public. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for correcting me. You can click here to open my profile and click Send Message to send a DM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines