• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fonts won't activate on Illustrator 2020

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a school CC account. The school has File and Library syncing turned off. They have Illustrator 2019 installed but I was able to install 2020 (24.01) on the school computer. On my home computer I run ICC 2020 on a PC. I activated the Magneto font family but when I try to open my file the fonts are substituted. I attempt to activate the fonts from illustrator but they do not do so even though they are showing as activated in my Adobe Fonts on my account web page. Can you help me to understand why this might be happening. 

Thank You.

Screen Shot 2019-11-22 at 2.32.54 PM.png

{Renamed By MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Hi Alex,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator while activating fonts. I would request if you can check few things and share the details:

1. Please launch the Creative Cloud Desktop app and check if the Fonts icon on the top right hand side is available or missing?
  2. If it is available, please check if Magneto-Bold fonts are available and synched there or not.
  3. You can also refer to this help article to troubleshoot fonts: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/fonts-faq.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alex,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator while activating fonts. I would request if you can check few things and share the details:

1. Please launch the Creative Cloud Desktop app and check if the Fonts icon on the top right hand side is available or missing?
  2. If it is available, please check if Magneto-Bold fonts are available and synched there or not.
  3. You can also refer to this help article to troubleshoot fonts: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/fonts-faq.html

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me, but seems fonts were deactivated by default w/ the update.

Noticing more and more of these fixes needed w/ recent releases (Dreamweaver live update being another) and wish the developers would spend more time on quality control, as this is a huge disruption when on a deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2019 Nov 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the feedback, Aaron. Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. Thanks!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me the problem is with one particular style within a font. Muli (regular) is starred. All the other versions of Muli are funtioning. It will not activate, even after reinstalling the font from cloud and the desktop itself. Rebooting doesn't help. I have tried using Chrome rather than Brave, but nothing seems to activate this particular style of font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please give us details?

Which version which system, any font management?

Did you create the file?

On the same system?

Does it also happen when you create a new file and use the font?

And since this thread didn't help ypu, please create a new one and post your answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines