• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Forcing interface brightness for UI?

Engaged ,
Sep 08, 2017 Sep 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a script I'm working on that has a dialog with some logos in it.  The dialog looks great until I make illustrator's user interface preferences darker. Now, I know that I can go through each and every control and modify the colors used, but I'm hoping there is an easier way. Perhaps some way to force UIscript to use a specific brightness value for its dialogs, regardless of illustrator's preferences?

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mr. Savage,

Have you found a solution to your problem yet? I tried going through local preferences file, but can't find an entry about user interface/brightness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @hendraanggrian,

You can control the script UI background color by adding the line of code below to your script, the three numbers at the end represent RGB. Just play around with the numbers to get the color\shade you want. The link below is good reference RGB color chart.

https://www.rapidtables.com/web/color/RGB_Color.html

dialog.graphics.backgroundColor = dialog.graphics.newBrush(0, [.75,.75,.75]);

Regards,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how to do what you're trying to do, but i wanted to chime in and say that in my opinion, software should never be forcing different appearances or brightnesses on its users. I know that it makes me angry when i set something up the way i want it to look, and someone else comes along and says "no. the way you like it is wrong. you have to look at it the way i like it". 

My suggested solution to the problem is to update the logo in a way that will look good with any background color (a very common task for any logo design.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is unclear to me which the OP is trying to achieve.

Untitled1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines