• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Formatting (adding bleed) to multiple (200 plus) documents

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I create custom digital prints for customers, and find myself formatting (adding bleed, pulling background and outer images out, and saving as a PDF file) around 200 or more prints atleast twice a week. This takes absolutely ages, as each print is unique, therfore I have to do each print 1 at a time. I'm am certain there must be a better, more time efficient way of doing this, so was hoping to pick peoples thoughts / greater experiences.

Any ideas would be massively appreciated!

Thanks

TOPICS
Print and publish , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

You can change bleed - see this - https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/setting-the-bleed-in-ai-via-javascript/m-p/8975095?page=1

but as you say yourself, every file is unique, so how can you script or create action if ever file is different?

You'd be better off educating your clients on the correct way to set up a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Mentor ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can change bleed - see this - https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/setting-the-bleed-in-ai-via-javascript/m-p/8975095?page=1

but as you say yourself, every file is unique, so how can you script or create action if ever file is different?

You'd be better off educating your clients on the correct way to set up a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines