Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Formatting issues when opening PDFs in illustrator

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I have noticed that when I open certain PDFs in illustrator there are several missing shapes. I don't quite understand why this happens and if anyone can shed some light on the issue would be great. Note that opening the PDF in your defauly browser or in Acrobat always works perfectly fine.

PDF in Browser:

PDF-Browser.png

Notice how large part of the design is missing when I open the file in Illustrator. The bottom design is entirely missing and the stick figures in the first design are gone as well:

PDF-Illustrator.png

Any help with understanding why this is happening and how to precent it would be great. Note that I need to open the PDF and edit it using extended scripts, so if there is a solution that works for JavaScript as well that would be amazing.

Find the PDF used for the photos attached.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you create the PDF in Illustrator? Which options did you select when saving it?

If the PDF hasn't been created in Illustrator, then here you find the reasons for what you are seeing: https://prepression.blogspot.com/2014/09/the-ten-commandments-of-pdf.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for replying,.

I did not create the PDF in illustrator. It was create using Javascript. I checked out the link and there is some interesting information there. I will have a look with my engineering colleagues and see if we figure this out.

Thank you for helping!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines