• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Free distort image from one corner - only creates an anchor point to rotate around

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One particular image won't free distort from just one corner. These are the steps I use. I...

1. Select the object
  2. Click free distort
  3. Hover over a corner of the image so the 'free distort' icon is displayed
  4. Click and drag horizontally which stretches the corner of frame of the image in the manner I want while the actual image stays frozen 
  5. I let go and the result is a horizontal pink line with a tiny black cross at the end. The only thing I can do with that is rotate the image around it. Not what I want.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Hi. The Free transform tool function doesn't work with images. You can try with commands below Object > Envelope distort. The image must be embedded.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. The Free transform tool function doesn't work with images. You can try with commands below Object > Envelope distort. The image must be embedded.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I appreciate the reply but your solution does not allow free distortion from just one corner.  Thanks to you however, I can now warp the rectangular image into an isoceles trapezoid (stretching the top two corners horizontally an equal distance) which is useful to know but in this instance I only want to drag one corner out. I can't believe something so simple just can't be done! Anyone any more ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines