Copied

Where has the free transform tool gone in illustrator cc 2018

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

I like to show it to you. Easy to find under the puppet warp tool

2017-10-20_10-13-15.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like to show it to you. Easy to find under the puppet warp tool

2017-10-20_10-13-15.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2017 Oct 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, wish things were not moved though

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and next for the viewing audience, thepatje shows us how he makes his quick gifs that are so useful.   6 of 10 questions could probably be answered more easily with little gifs like that.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! Thank you. I watched several videos showing how to use it.. but none mentioned where it was.

For years (I kid you not) I wondered why Phtoshop had a distort control, butn Illustrator didn't. Please don' tell me it has had it for years......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it me, or have the buttons for free distort and perspective distort disappeared?  The only option is to use hotkeys? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hidden under the tool pallet. Skjermbilde 2017-12-14 kl. 11.25.08.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 14, 2018 Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for a quick and clear answer! =: )

Pretty opaque and unexpected location for tool that's used so often — putting it under a special case tool.

Especially when it's a different location in InDesign — more logically with the other transformation tools.

Oops!

Must have been the day after the Christmas party at Adobe when they placed that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right? I thought I was going crazy for a moment there..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this thing drives me mad...whyyyyyyy????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know, let's all just move things around for no apparent reason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

manager: 'how's the revision of the Free transform tool coming along?'

Developer: 'well we've dropped it behind the puppet warp tool, it'll be the first place that everybody looks'

manager: 'Brilliant! that makes perfect sense, let's hide one of the most used tools in illustrator, anything else?'

Developer: 'Well....we wanted to surprise you with this one, but here we go... we've also hidden the rest of thefree transform tools....wait for it... BEHIND THE TOOLS PALATTE!'

manager: 'Genius, just genius. How've you guys managed this in a year is beyond belief - this will steal the show at the next Adobe Keynote and put those pesky guys over in Affinity back in their place.'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

let's hide one of the most used tools in illustrator

I guess that depends on who you are. I very rarely use the Free Transform Tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the animation - I searched under the HELP menu for "transform" and this didn't come up - why on earth wouldn't it come up in search results?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that only searches the menus, not the tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHat if every morning you got in your car and the steering wheel was in a different place or the ignition or the brake pedal was in a completely different place. It would take you about an hour to relearn the controls in your car and then once you did actually start driving to work some guy would come flying through an intersection and you slam on the... windshield wipers!

That's how logical moving tools around is. This once great company called adobe is now run by entry level coders who have never done any graphic design before but they want to do things. So they took a great program and turned it into a sluggish, temperamental, painfully awkward, mess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines