Highlighted

Freeform Gradient Tool is grayed out in Illustrator.

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried other versions of illustrator and I am running the newest, and both it was fine last night, this morning - it is not working - is there some step or command i need to know ?

so confused - also when I closed after saving it said the file couldnt be found, but later it opened.. not sure please help

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Freeform Gradient Tool is grayed out in Illustrator.

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried other versions of illustrator and I am running the newest, and both it was fine last night, this morning - it is not working - is there some step or command i need to know ?

so confused - also when I closed after saving it said the file couldnt be found, but later it opened.. not sure please help

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 12, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure that you have the Fill selected and not the Stroke. The Freeform Gradient won't work with a stroke.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 13, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope you found your answer.
We'd appreciate if you can mark the appropriate response correct. If you used any other method, you can share it with us. It'll help other users with similar concern.

If you still have issues, please share version of OS & Illustrator. Also, let us know it is happening with a specific document or all.

You may try resetting preferences and see if it helps.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 18, 2020 0
Resources