• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Freeform Gradient tool - need help

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there - I'm not sure why, but I'm unable to add any other stop points on my freeform gradient.

It is a complex object, which I've made into a compound path. When I select 'Freeform gradient,' only 1 stop is show (see screenshot), and I'm unable to to add any others! Or perhaps I just don't know how (I've tried clicking, option + clicking, right clicking, etc.... with no luck).

Screen%20Shot%202021-03-26%20at%2011.11.55%20AMScreen%20Shot%202021-03-26%20at%2011.12.09%20AM

Any advice? Thank you!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

try clicking on the "Edit Gradient" button first if it's not letting you add more points.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Thanks for feedback -- that was giving me the same issue with only 1 stop point available. I somehow managed to convert the shape into a compound clipping path, placed a simple ellipse behind it - and then could add the gradient to the ellipse. It does the job well enough!

My thought is that the object is too complex to apply freeform gradient, but not entirely sure. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try clicking on the "Edit Gradient" button first if it's not letting you add more points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for feedback -- that was giving me the same issue with only 1 stop point available. I somehow managed to convert the shape into a compound clipping path, placed a simple ellipse behind it - and then could add the gradient to the ellipse. It does the job well enough!

My thought is that the object is too complex to apply freeform gradient, but not entirely sure. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines