• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

freezing on fonts while opening

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not open illustrator. have cs5.1 on a windows xp. It has worked for many years but now it crashes while reading fonts. Font capture program is still running when I re-boot. I have trimmed my font file to 200 ,  still wont open

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a feeling this is coming form you Adobe Acrobat program and connected to Illustrator booting. Delete font capture temporary files:

1. Choose Start > Run, and type command in the Open text box. Click OK.

2. Type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

c:

cd\

del acr*.tmp /s

Note: Many lines of text will fill the Command.com window as this process runs. Wait for the process to complete (when the text has stopped for about 10 seconds), and then continue to the next step.

3. Type exit to close the Command.com window.

If you still have the issue:

Reinstall acrobat. https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/24263847/How-do-I-stop-that-annoying-Font-Capture-applica...

Reset Your Font Cache

Remove this fileC:\Windows\System32\FNTCACHE.DAT

Search and delete all Adobefnt*.lst files

Reset Your Preferences.

Cmd-Opt-Ctrl-Shift when restarting AI on a Mac or Alt-Crtl-Shift on a PC to reset to the defaults.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines