Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

from CMYK to RGB

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have pasted images in a CMYK template, the colors of course look very different from the original RGB images in this template.

How can I return the CMYK Figure and images to be RGB? I tried to go file -> color mode -> RGB color.

The now is indeed in RGB but the previous images stayed in CMYK, is there is anyway to bring them back to their original RGB color?

Essam

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will appreciate help still...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you know they are still CMYK? Nothing will put back lost colour except deleting from the design and placing again. Colour loss is irreversible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

essama52467539  wrote

The now is indeed in RGB but the previous images stayed in CMYK, is there is anyway to bring them back to their original RGB color?

No, when pasted into a CMYK document,  the colors are converted to their closest possible CMYK equivalent and those are converted back to RGB

You have to paste them again in an RGB document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

essama52467539  wrote

Hello,

I have pasted images

Although the term "image" should only be applied to raster-based objects, it is often used here (in the forum) in reference to Illustrator-native vector artwork (e.g., 'vector images'). With that in mind, I'm inclined to ask whether the items you pasted are raster or vector.

Perhaps, however, it doesn't matter. If you pasted this content, you must have copied it from somewhere, so doesn't it still exist in its original color space at the source?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RGB has exactly 16,777,216 colours within its gamut.

Now CMYK while it can produce a lot of colours (Even fewer depending on the actual print company you use) it can’t mimic all 16 million colours that RGB has to offer, therefore when you convert an image from RGB to CMYK you either get a slight difference in colour or quite a noticeable difference in colour.

This is because Photoshop essentially removes any colour that is not within the CMYK gamut (the preset you’d set will depend on what the colour gamut range is), once this information is lost it cannot be brought back.

Now, luckily for you, it sounds as though you’ve started off with an RGB image so my advice would be to retrieve this original RGB image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines