• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Frustration with Adobe Illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been struggling with this program for a long time and cannot seem to accomplish simple tasks that I want to do. I've been watching endless videos trying to figure out how to do simple things that end up taking me hours through endless workflow mazes. I've watched tons of tutorials which are fine for creating simple shapes but when it comes to completing a complex illustration, I can't seem to figure out why certain things happen in this program and how to correct it. I end up having to redo line art and coloring because it doesn't seem to work proplerly with the program. My goal in the end is to create vector art from my illustrations. I would like to use this forum to post specific struggles that I am having and see if anyone can bring light to how I would be able to solve a particular problem or help resolve a workflow for completing an illustration that I am working on. 

Here is an example of something I don't understand. I drew this illustration on the left with the paint blob tool using a wacom cintiq tablet. I was happy with how it came out. I selected the whole line drawing and went to make live paint in the menu bar. After going through live paint I wanted to go back to the line art before the live paint so I selected the lineart again and went to release live paint. For some reason now the line art looks like it does on the right of the screenshot. The line art was all outlined in white? What happened? and How can I get my art back to what it looked like before the live paint? Now when I select all of the line art and fill it with black it fills the entire shape in black.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Hi check the following video hope it helps you.....regards

https://youtu.be/P3PWtFfUjfA

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2020 Jul 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi check the following video hope it helps you.....regards

https://youtu.be/P3PWtFfUjfA

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you. This video was very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines