Highlighted

Garbled layered text when placing .docx file

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I am trying to place a .docx file, pressing shift when I click so the text flows. It's not working out well. Has anyone seen this before?

Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 5.27.40 PM.png

[ attachment inserted as inline image by moderator ]

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Garbled layered text when placing .docx file

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. I am trying to place a .docx file, pressing shift when I click so the text flows. It's not working out well. Has anyone seen this before?

Screen Shot 2020-11-07 at 5.27.40 PM.png

[ attachment inserted as inline image by moderator ]

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 07, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about the original Word file nobody can tell you much, but from the looks of it you simply went way too far in the doc and used a ton of custom styles and formatting, which naturally won't translate well to AI simply because this stuff works differently across programs. you need to strip it down and clean it up.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot indicates that your question is referring to InDesign and not Illustrator.

Does that apply?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2020 1
Resources