Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gaussian Blur and other effects not working on Illustrator

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I'm new to AI and I'm creating an Infographic. In my file, I selected the shape I'd like to blur and then went to menu Effects-> Blur->Gaussian Blur->In this window, when I put the radius preference and checked the preview button nothing happens. Illustrator doesn't apply any effect on my shape. And I really don't why. I also tried to use other effect tools with my selection but nothing happens. Are some of my AI settings wrong? I'm using AI on Mac Os Catalina. 

Look forward to receiving your help! Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you viewing Outlines? If so, use Ctrl (PC)/Cmd (macOS) + Y to toggle it back to the GPU Preview (also accessible by going to View > GPU Preview).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having that problem right now! Did you fix it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We don't even know what the problem was, because the thread opener never came back to answer questions.

So maybe you want toshow us screenshots. Please select the object and include the appearance panel as well as the object itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines