Highlighted

Gaussian Blur Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly my Gaussian Blur stopped working. I have tried to copy one I did before for this client and got a white box around it. I also tried creating a new one and got a white box around it. It was working fine before but not today. I have restarted Illustrator as well as my mac. Didn't make a difference. Please see the 1st image which is the way it's supposed to look then the 2nd image which is my result. I am running macOS High Sierra Version 10.12.6 and Illustrator 2020.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

Check if Effect > Document Raster Effects > White is checked for Background.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Gaussian Blur Not Working

Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly my Gaussian Blur stopped working. I have tried to copy one I did before for this client and got a white box around it. I also tried creating a new one and got a white box around it. It was working fine before but not today. I have restarted Illustrator as well as my mac. Didn't make a difference. Please see the 1st image which is the way it's supposed to look then the 2nd image which is my result. I am running macOS High Sierra Version 10.12.6 and Illustrator 2020.

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 21, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by checking your hardware acceleration settings and also verify the raster effect DPI setting. Reverting to software-only mode or lowering the DPI may fix things.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checked that... It works in my other Illustrator files but not this one which is a template for a vehicle wrap design.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for  your help my issue is now resolved

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 21, 2020 0