• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating Pixels

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2020 Apr 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since upgrading to a new Mac with Catalina, every time I open an Illustrator file I get the message "Generating Pixels". It seems to significantly increase the time it takes to open some files and I can't for the life of me figure out how to disable this

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks from your ScreenShot, file launches in Photoshop and not Illustrator. Is file extension: .png, .jpeg? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's an .ai file and that is a message generated by Illustrator. I should mention that I was previously using version 24.01 and this is 24.1 and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just downgraded Illustrator to 24.01 and the problem went away. Not sure where that leaves me if all future versions of Illustrator have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try and in preferences > Performance turn off the draw in realtime feature.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/whats-new.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure I didn't have that enabled to begin with but I can't check now since it's not an option in the version I'm now running. At some point I can install the latest version again and check that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went ahead and upgraded to 24.1.2 and checked that setting in Preferences. Turns out it was already off and did not solve the problem. Just for good measure, I turned it on, quit Illustrator, launched it again and turned it off, quit Illustrator and launched it again. No difference. I have noticed that it seems to bring up that progress bar once for each linked image I have in the file. We do mostly packaging files in Illustrator and can have over a dozen linked images, which makes the file that much slower to open. *sigh* back to 24.0.1 for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines