• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get page number when opening PDF in Illustrator

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently developing a plugin for illustrator that processes PDFs. When opening a multipage PDF in Illustrator you are presented with a dialog allowing you to select which pages to open. I'd like to be able to detect which page has been opened within the plugin and wondered if there was anyway of doing this within the SDK as I can't seem to find it?

Cheers

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Participant ,
Aug 19, 2020 Aug 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Action Recorder (Illustrator Actions) you can record document open procedure. When you save action to file (.aia) you can see all parameters user entered in modal window, along with page number as 'page' parameter. Try to explore in that direction, see if you can trigger action record using SDK (AIActionManagerSuite) and read result or look if there are some notifiers with message containing parameters

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think ,SDK not support this function.

But If you can use Script. You can get Page Opening by this code:

var iPage=app.preferences.PDFFileOptions.pageToOpen;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines