Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting additional pixel when exporting for screens in Illustrator

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am creating 300+ icons and when I export them for screens there is always an extra pixel.
Ex. they are supposed to be 24x24 but they save as 25x24.

I have tried multiple trouble shooting techniques that I have read in forums but nothing I have tried seems to work.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

THANKS!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Yes, it's easy to do that.

Select the Artboard tool.

Go to the Properties Panel.

Select Rearrange All.

Set the number of colums and spacing.

They will all be set to a whole XY number

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After looking deeper I couldnt find anything that is causing this. I copied the offending graphic into its own illustrator document and tested it and does the same thing. Here is a link for you to inspect if you could  If you open it and go to document set up - edit artboards and then click on the graphic it creates an artboard around the graphic with the same extra pixels, there doesnt seem to be anything causing these extra pixels. If you ungroup the graphic and do the same above steps on the background white box, it creates an artboard at the correct dimensions, so its something to do with the group itself, but it needs to be a group to export via the asset export panel. Obviously I have already solved this by putting the graphic on its own artboard at the correct dimensions and doing a save for web, but those are extra steps we should be able to avoid and it would be good to find out whats causing this as the extra pixels issue just keeps coming back in one form or another. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe I'm lucky (I think I am) but whatever I try I cannot get the extra pixels.

With/without artboards, save for web, asset export, all give the correct pixel amount.

The only things different are the missing image and the font, I do not have the Gilberto font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please select the text object with the selection tool and post a screenshot (it must have the bounding box in it. Perhaps that font is the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines