• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting PDF Error while loading Swatches

New Here ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am fairly new to illustrator and am still learning how to use it.  I have been making my own gradient color swatches.  I am finding that when I get a bunch made and I want to save it in a set. It saves fine. But when trying to import it so it's in user defined I get an error.  The error is: The document contains PDF object that have been reinterpreted - To preserve appearance, some text has been outlined.  I am not sure why I am getting this error as the ojbect I'm importing is not a pdf.  Sometimes it will save fine when I create a swatch and other times I get this error and I have no clue why. I have Windows 10 and am using Adobe Illustrator 2020.  Thanks!

Melissa

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload the swatches library file to Dropbox or the like and post a link in the forum, so someone can take a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the delay in reply. Things have been busy here with a move and a vacation.  I have attached the file here.

It is showing wording on the file when opened. It says.  " This is an adobe illustrator file that was saved without PDF content. To place or open this file in other applications, it should be resaved from adobe illustrator  with the 'create PDF compatible File' option turned on. This option is in the illustrator native format options dialog box , which appears when saving an adobe illustrator file using the save  as command. "

Not really understanding why this is appening.  I create a gradient and save it using save swatch and it adds it. Then I go to save swatches and save the file.  Sometimes it works but mostly it doesn't and I get that error message. Not sure how to delete the ones that have been added that give me that error.  Maybe I am going about saving the swatches all wrong.  As I said I am new and learning by trial and error.

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When save Swatches via the swatches panel then Illustrator saves a file without a PDF, that is correct.

But the file must have been handled badly in the meantime.

Did you save it to your local disk or somewhere else?

Can you try and disable "Save in background" in the preferences > File handling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did not save it in a file locally. I tried just creating a file with squares filled with the created gradients on a page and then saved it. Then I went and saved the gradients as I normally would. Then they came up fine under my user defined gradients. So I just can create gradients via the fill window and save them. It has to be attached to a file somewhere.  I can try disabling the save in background and see if that works.

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines